Vision, Mission, Purpose & Principles of School Ministry
- We will demonstrate the love of Christ to each other, and to the world around us. We want to state by our actions to our neighbors that, “God loves you and so do we.”
- We will be vital to the life and hope of our city. We want to impact our community in such a powerful way that, if we were to go away, people would grieve our absence and would long for another organization or church to fill the void that would be left.
- To fulfill Christ’s commandment to, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Mark 12:31 (NIV)
- To demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ in the community.
- To help students achieve.
- To demonstrate support and appreciation for public school educators.
- To engage church members in the community, in a loving, meaningful way.
- School ministry is an ecumenical activity for churches from all denominations.
- Area churches can initiate school partnerships with other churches, senior facilities, religious organizations and businesses to serve public schools in their neighborhoods.
- Residents from senior facilities may play an important role in school ministry.
- Our message is most powerful when we love unconditionally.
- Proselytizing is NOT a part of the agenda!